Home

Three elements to recognize if it is an opportunity to succeed:

1) Can you understand the frustration expressed during the conversation to identify the possible causes of the frustration?

2) Can you identify if you can offer some help from your knowledge, experiences, and expertise?

3) Can you effectively communicate your expertise to be understood as possible helpful solutions?

----Min Fang, July 10th of 2019


Featured Articles

Monday, July 10, 2017

07-10-2017 If extension a knowledge, if connoisseurs matters?(延伸也算知识?能鉴赏重要吗?)

07-10-2017 If extension a knowledge, if connoisseurs matters?(延伸也算知识?能鉴赏重要吗?)

Talking about I have handsome intellectual property income, I heard some complains that some patents registered even they are just some  extensions.(中文附后)
My response: My understanding, inventions or similar always start with an extension. Like DNA science nowadays, it started from a thing excitedly discovered in animal biological cell, it was named DNA twists as an extension to cell science and recognized a door to new science -- DNA science.
My understanding, most of new ideas are inspired by existing knowledge, patents are for those not- existing-yet-but-extensions-of-existing-knowledge.
---July 10th, 2017


Another thing that I assume I was misunderstood regarding Chinese language performing artists' market is in China.
My explanation: My understanding, the important to any performance is that artists talents are acknowledge rightfully. If those connoisseurs of Chinese language performing arts are in China, even artists like to live abroad, artists certainly can have their talents presented in China and live abroad as they prefer with the good income they made from their talents.
Somehow, my saying in 2004 that US is English speaking art market was interpreted as "Speaking English is how a Chinese can be an performing artist in US."
I complained how I was not even allowed to talk on Boston 96.9 FM while some Chinese read a printout to showcase how better possessed English. I have a lot similar outcries on this competition style. I was wondering if this competition style is assumed acceptable in performing art competition abroad(outside China) as apparently assumed by Chinese artists? And I can't stop wandering why competing with me?
----July 10th, 2017


谈到我有很不错的智慧产权收入,我是听到一些不理解“就只是延伸一下而已”。
我的回应:我的理解:发明一类的东西都是从延伸开始的。如今的DNA科学,最早就是从细胞学研究发现动物细胞里有那么一个东西开始,这东西就取名为DNA螺旋,是当时细胞学的延伸,如今DNA科学的开始。
我的理解:很多的新想法都是受到现有知识的启发,专利权就是针对那些由现有知识启发但“尚未存在的一个延展即新知识”的法律。
----2017年7月10日

另一个我估计我被误解的地方就是“中文表演艺术家的市场是在中国”。
我的解释:我的理解是对人和艺术家来说才华被真正欣赏是最重要的。如果中文表演艺术家的欣赏者在中国,就算艺术家自己喜欢生活在国外,都可以在中国展现他们的才华,再在国外生活消费那些他们凭才华在中国挣到的钱。
我2004年会议上谈到美国是英语表演艺术的市场的一番话可能被理解成“华人只有说英语才能在美国当艺术家。”
我曾抱怨在波士顿96.9FM上我是“不准说话”,同时另一个华人朗读英语文章来比比谁英语好。我还有很多有关“这样来比比”的抱怨。中国的艺术家似乎认为这就是竞争方式,我很好奇在国外(中国以外)的表演艺术行业里是否也认可这种竞争方式?我也很奇怪都在和我比什么?
----2017年7月10日。