Home

Three elements to recognize if it is an opportunity to succeed:

1) Can you understand the frustration expressed during the conversation to identify the possible causes of the frustration?

2) Can you identify if you can offer some help from your knowledge, experiences, and expertise?

3) Can you effectively communicate your expertise to be understood as possible helpful solutions?

----Min Fang, July 10th of 2019


Featured Articles

Sunday, January 27, 2019

01-27-2019 How one's intellectual Income is evaluated? (智慧专利收入是如何评估的?)

I was asked often how I can earn intellectual income? I was so not a hard-working student when I was in school that no one from any school I graduated from could imagine I could possibly be a person who can have some intellectual income. I say this group of people also include those colleagues from Nanjing Institute of Drug Control, but not from Janus Associates who watched me developed modules of Biogate, my first intellectual income. How I grew into a research type of person?

When I was assigned a job in Nanjing Institute of Drug Control, I was a girly college newly graduated who fully welcomed leadership education from Health Department Inspectors I worked with. My work experiences there did not shape into a good lab research tester, but made me into a coercive leader-apprentice enjoyed the opportunities to say, "Do As I Said".

My second job was a computer programmer where I assigned to work on BioGate project, this work experience was when I learned "to form my own hypothesis independently, to discover dynamics in trending independently, and to relate complexities with theories independently. "(quoted from my personal statement of schooling)

Currently, I am in training to be a business leader which means I am in process of being less research geek style but become more humanly understandable, I can tell it is not an easy process so far because still too many people complaining "don't know what she is saying".

Ok, after I briefly explained why I do have some intellectual incomes, let me try to explain how my share of intellectual incomes is evaluated from the best of my knowledge.

Intellectual Incomes evaluation process:
Step 1: When a research project is successfully finished and ready for sale, the first step is to evaluate how much is the price this project can ask.

This project price evaluation would be conducted by a professional evaluation company, and evaluation is based on how much time and cost would be needed in average to conduct such research by an average peer in the industry.  This project evaluation would detail each module and each component of the entire project to have a price as the negotiation base for the research company to bargain with possible buyers.

Step 2: After a successful sale of the research project, the research company would decide the size of rewarding package for the entire group of all kinds of contributors to this research project. The rewarding company would also decide the share for each contributor group, such as research group, helping group, and etc in the company's level of the rewarding package.

Step 3: Once research group's rewarding package size is decided, the research department will evaluate rewarding shares for each component's research group, which is based on the project price evaluation report of each component as well as research participating years.

Step 4: Once each component's rewarding size is decided, each individual contributor's share to this same component can be evaluated based on each academic contribution.

How can my brief idea contribute to intellectually?
Let's see the example of my idea to have a hair growth product based on 章光101(?). My idea is a concept hypothesis and the academic direction of a research project. If I contributed, its market price should also be in the project evaluation report as a component, and I will be evaluated with the contributors to this same component.

How to tell the difference between public relation help with research contribution help?
From my own experience: When research got stuck, help can be from public relation if the research company does not have internal resources to help out. This internal helping resource is also the reason why researchers from a big research company have much less share in their company's rewarding packages. And IRS has the standard to different research contribution help with public relation help to ensure the correct income tax rate.

----Jan. 27th, 2019

How a company buys an intellectual property?
It is similar to buying a house property. Once the price of the intellectual property is decided, the payment size of downpayment and each installment can be calculated based on the valid patent's duration time which is averaged for about fifty years.
----March 31st's next day, 2019

很多人经常问我,我哪有可能会有智慧专利收入?读书时,我确实不是一个用功的学生,我所毕业的每一所学校,就没人相信我居然可以有智慧专利收入。我说这拨人还得加上我曾经工作过的南京市药品检验所,不过我的第二份工作,就是美国的电脑公司的同事就不会这么说了,因为他们都是亲眼看着我一天一点的做出了Bio Gate这个研究项目。那我究竟是如何成长为一个研究人员的?

当我大学毕业分配到南京市药品检验所上班时,我就只是一个大学刚毕业的女孩,特别喜欢跟着卫生局药品监督室的工作人员学习当领导,这第一个工作没让我成为一个实验室的强手,而是让我有机会练习独立强硬的领导风格,我也非常喜欢练习这一句“就照我说的办”。

我的第二份工作是电脑程序员,接到的项目就是Bio Gate。是这份工作的研究经历让我学会了自己"独立的决定研究方向,独立的发现变化中的动态界定因素,独立的将研究所经历的复杂性与相应的理论相联系。”(摘自我自己写的一份上学用的《自我介绍》)

目前,我因为在读MBA的企业管理,所以我正在努力让自己少一点研究人员“不理世俗事”的倔强,多培养一点可让凡人都可沟通的理解,不过我很清楚这过程不那么简单,目前还是有太多人在抱怨“根本就不知道她在说什么做什么”。

好了,简略地说清楚了我确实是有智慧专利收入的,我来尽我的能力解释一下智慧专利收入都是如何评估的。

智慧产权的评估过程:
第一步:当一个研究项目成功且可以出售时,第一步就是对这个研究额项目可能的市场价值做个评估。

这个研究项目的市场价值评估是由专门的评估公司进行的,评估是根据“如果这个行业里的一个中等水平的企业需要做这样一个研究,会需要多少时间和经费”来评估的。这个研究项目的评估报告还会详细列举这个项目中的每一个部分每一个环节的可能市场价值,作为研究公司和可能买家进行讨价还价的依据。

第二步:一个科研项目成功卖出后,研究公司就会决定智慧专利奖金的一些细节奖励对于研究项目成功的各种贡献人员。研究奖励公司也会决定各贡献部门的各自奖金规模(由公司发放的),包括研究部门,辅助部门等等。

第三步:当研究部门拿到公司给予的奖金规模,研究部门就会依据这个研究项目的市场价值评估报告中的细节单价来决定每一个环节每一个部分的奖金大小,再根据参与研究人员的学术贡献及参与研究团队的年份予以评估(这一步有点像国内的上下级单位一起的分房,专利奖金就是“上级单位可以拿到的总房源”)。

第四步,当每一个环节的小组奖金的多少决定了之后,这个小组的所有参与人员再根据贡献大小评估各自的奖金。(这一步就是国内的下级单位分房)

类似我的一些简短概念型的一两句话贡献,又是如何评估的?
那就看一下我2004年7月一日有一段利用章光101来研究头发生长产品的主意。我的主意其实就是一个研究项目的概念立项和研究方向。如果我做出了贡献,也就是说我的概念和方向让研究课题立项了,也成功了,也可以赚钱了,按照这个研究概念方向对这个研究项目成功所做出的这一份贡献的市场价值也是在整个研究项目的市场价值的评估报告中的一个细节项目,我也会和其他参与这个概念立项环节的人员一起参与奖金评估。

如何区别对于研究项目的公共关系类帮助和智慧投入类帮助?
从我自己的研究经历:当研究遇到卡壳的时候,当研究单位内部的资料室没有相关资料可协助研究时,公共关系类的帮助让研究人员可以查阅一些外部资料,对研究项目的贡献是很大的。这个内部资料室是很多大的研究机构的研究员在其单位的专利奖金里的份额不高的很大原因(内部资料室是公司的智慧实力所以是属于公司的奖励份额,不是个人份额)。因为公关奖金收入(美国联邦税30%左右)和智慧专利收入(美国联邦税10%)的税率不同,所以税务局有严格规定标准来区分究竟奖金所得是属于公关奖金还是智慧奖金。

----2019年1月27日。

公司如何购买智慧专利产权
公司买智慧专利产权,就像老百姓买房子。买房子是先支付一部分的钱做为首期,然后住在房子里每月一边拿工资一边付贷款;公司买专利也是先付一部分首期,然后用买到的专利做生意赚钱同时按月支付专利费用款项。智慧专利平均有效期是五十年,所以购买公司一般按五十年分期付款。智慧专利奖金就是奖金发放公司从专利购买公司的付款中支付的,也是首期和每月付款。

----2019年3月31日的第二天撰写